Need help with your DBS Application?
Check out our guidance and FAQs for both applicants and clubs
- You should have a “My DBS” tab on the left-hand side of your Whole Game account. If you do, then your club has successfully added you as a DBS applicant
- Click on the “My DBS” tab, then click on the Green “select” button associated with your club
- This will trigger an email from First Advantage with a link to progress your application. Following this step, applicants will select documents to be verified by their club. Once the applicant or their club have paid for the DBS application, the DBS team will start the appropriate checks
- Have you checked your spam/junk folders?
- Have you checked if your email used in Whole Game is correct and the same email address is used in any DBS applications? Email addresses can be edited in Whole Game
If you still can’t find an email from First Advantage and have followed the correct steps, please contact Essex FA’s Safeguarding Support Officer, Emily Reece at email@example.com
If you think you have more than one FAN, please contact Essex FA’s Safeguarding Support Officer, Emily Reece at firstname.lastname@example.org
FANs can be merged but the original DBS application may need to be removed by the Safeguarding Support Officer and the application process will have to be started again from the beginning. It is advised that you re-set your Whole Game account Password after major changes like these
Please contact Essex FA’s Safeguarding Support Officer Emily Reece, at email@example.com
If you cannot access your Whole Game account, your password might need to be re-set. Passwords can be re-set by clicking here, or by clicking “forgot password” in Whole Game or Full-Time
Need More Assistance?
If you require more assistance or have any other questions, please contact:
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer: Emily Reece
Please follow the above steps and ensure the applicant has followed the relevant advice. If all options have been exhausted, please contact First Advantage at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01159694618
- Check with the applicant that they have a “My DBS” tab and they have clicked the Green “select” button in Whole Game
- Check if the applicant has received an email from First Advantage and followed the link to progress their application
- If not done so already, the Club needs to register for the Online Disclosure Service with First Advantage. Then DBS applications can be initiated and progressed by the Club. Please contact First Advantage at email@example.com or on 01159694618 to register and request that the Club Welfare Officer be added as an identity documents Verifier
- If the applicant is new to the club, the club will need to start the process in Whole Game by adding the applicant through the “Add as a DBS Applicant” button. This can be found in the “Safeguarding” tab and selecting “DBS Applications”. Once you have entered the Club’s First Advantage PIN, you will be able to click “add new official”. Enter the applicant’s details and click “Add as a DBS Applicant”
- If the applicant is renewing their DBS with the same club they used to complete their previous DBS application, then they should already have a “My DBS” tab on the left-hand side of their Whole Game account
It can take 3 or 4 days for a record to be updated by the First Advantage team and show on Whole Game
Although the application may show as complete, the First Advantage team occasionally have to see the actual certificate (not a copy) before they can sign off the DBS application and update Whole Game. If the applicant is contacted by the First Advantage team and asked for their certificate to be sent in, it is advised that the applicant send it recorded delivery