Centre of Refereeing Excellence
developing ambitious referees with potential
Assistance with Coaching and Progression
Essex Centre of Refereeing Excellence (CORE) is a programme to assist in the development and coaching of referees who have the ambition and potential to progress into refereeing in the semi-professional and professional game.
The programme is designed to deliver specific and relevant training to ambitious, dedicated and talented referees. Below is the current structure of Essex CORE:
- Select Group - Referees who are currently at Level 4 who have been identified as potentially progressing higher up within the refereeing ladder.
- Development Group - Referee who are currently at Level 5, 6, 7 and 4W who are on the Referee Progression Pathway
The sessions are designed for these two tiers are aimed at improving not only the fitness levels of the referees but also include specific referee technical sessions delivered by those operating within the semi-professional and professional game, with additional support around sports psychology, sports nutrition and strength & conditioning.
The Female Referee Development Programme supports the development of all female referees within Essex with the sessions delivered on a quarterly basis with sessions delivered by those operating within the professional game.
We have high expectations of all the referees within the programme. These are to be met by all of the Essex CORE members and will be monitored throughout the duration of the season. These expectations include:
- Attendance at all sessions
- Exceptional administration
- Submission of upcoming fixtures to their Essex CORE Performance Coach
- Forward all observations/match day coaching reports to their Essex CORE Performance Coach
- Complete self-assessments after each fixture and submit to their Essex CORE Performance Coach
- Maintain regular contact with the Referees Department and their Essex CORE Performance Coach
- Show continual progression within their refereeing career whilst being part of Essex CORE
Throughout the season, our Referees Department monitor the development of all referees through a number of different aspects (referee merit table positions, observations, match day coaching reports, league referee club marks etc.) and, at the start of each season, referees will be invited into Essex CORE. For further information please get in touch with our Referees Department.