To support affiliated clubs in establishing the best possible environment amongst their players, coaches and spectators, we have developed a #PlayYourPart ‘Matchday Environment Pack’.
Running alongside The FA’s ‘Enough is Enough’ campaign to tackle hate across grassroots football, a range of #PlayYourPart graphics is available to download and share now. Participants are being encouraged to share the #PlayYourPart player, coach and spectator graphics within their membership. The graphics include:
* Clubs: Guidance and suggestions for how a club can #PlayYourPart in ensuring the matchday environment is the best it can be.
* Players/Coaches/Spectators: A reference point and reminder of their role in having a positive impact on the matchday environment when representing their club.
* Guide to Coaches Workshop: Tips and advice on when, how and why it is important to hold an annual coaches’ workshop for those representing the club.
* Guide to Spectators Workshop: Highlighting the importance of annual spectator workshops and how to deliver them internally within a club.
* Reporting Discrimination: An information sheet outlining the importance of reporting discrimination and the process which will then be taken.
* Dealing With Breaches of Codes of Conduct: Providing process guidance on dealing with breaches of codes of conduct within a club.
The graphics can be displayed in clubhouses, via WhatsApp groups, on websites, via social media or even as a hyperlinked banner on existing club communications or documents. Essex County FA Chief Executive, Brendan Walshe, is delighted to share the #PlayYourPart resources: “The grassroots game in Essex is thriving, with over 80,000 registered players playing across circa 2,500 games every weekend. Essex is one of the largest counties for football participation.”
“This is hugely positive, and credit goes to the grassroots volunteer workforce. To continue to build on, and sustain, this brilliant foundation, these club resources are helping to ensure the best and most inclusive environment continues to be created. These #PlayYourPart resources are supporting club committees to set standards on and off the pitch and are creating a united grassroots environment which delivers football opportunity For All.”
Find the #PlayYourPart resources here. Our Football Development Team are on-hand to discuss any of the resources and to advise on how to implement them via this link. Details are also shared by @EssexCountyFA on Twitter/X and by searching for ‘EssexFootball’ on Facebook.