The First and Second Round draws for the BBC Essex Senior Cup have been broadcast tonight on BBC Essex’s fan phone in.
Teams playing at Steps 5 and 6 of the National League System will join the competition at this stage, with teams representing each of the Essex Senior, Spartan South Midlands and Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties Leagues in the draw.
Teams competing in the Isthmian, Southern, National League and EFL will join the competition in round three.
In the draw for the first two rounds were three newcomers to the Essex Senior Cup, with Hutton, Clapton Community and Dunmow Town making their debuts in the competition. 35 teams in total will be involved in the Round One draw, with one team receiving a bye to Round Two.
For the draws, we were delighted to be joined by Hutton’s Manager Matt Singh who drew the home sides in both rounds. The away sides in round one were drawn by Essex FA Football Development Officer Jake Ling.
BBC Essex Senior Cup Round One Draw (To be played on or before 7th October)
- Harlow Town vs Burnham Ramblers
- Buckhurst Hill vs Holland
- Newbury Forest vs Dunmow Town
- White Ensign vs Harwich & Parkeston
- Stansted vs Athletic Newham
- May & Baker Eastbrook Community vs Takeley
- Benfleet vs Hullbridge Sports
- Saffron Walden Town vs Tilbury
- Hutton vs Basildon Town
- Barkingside vs Stanway Pegasus
- Frenford vs Barking
- Romford vs Great Wakering Rovers
- Halstead Town vs West Essex
- Wivenhoe Town vs Ilford
- FC Clacton vs Coggeshall Town
- Stanway Rovers Community vs Cannons Wood
- Clapton Community vs Little Oakley
- Southend Manor – Bye into Round Two
The second round ties were then drawn, with Southend Manor going straight in having received a bye, with the winners from each of the round one ties to join them. Once again Hutton Manager Matt Singh drew the home sides, while Essex FA Competitions Officer Mark Wallis drew the away sides.
BBC Essex Senior Cup Second Round Draw (To be played on or before the 28th October)
- Romford or Great Wakering Rovers vs Stansted or Athletic Newham
- Halstead Town or West Essex vs Southend Manor
- Hutton or Basildon Town vs Clapton Community or Little Oakley
- May & Baker Eastbrook Community or Takeley vs Wivenhoe Town or Ilford
- Stanway Rovers Community or Cannons Wood vs Harlow Town or Burnham Ramblers
- Buckhurst Hill or Holland vs Frenford or Barking
- White Ensign or Harwich & Parkeston vs Newbury Forest or Dunmow Town
- Saffron Walden Town or Tilbury vs Barkingside or Stanway Pegasus
- FC Clacton or Coggeshall Town vs Benfleet or Hullbridge Sports