The Football Association are searching for voluntary Regional Discipline Panel Members from across the country. The Regional Discipline Panel is an inquisitorial disciplinary panel, who are appointed to adjudicate on disciplinary cases on behalf of the County Football Associations. The Regional Discipline Panel has been in place since 2021 and The Association are looking to increase its membership to ensure it can meet the demands of the disciplinary cases expected for the 2023/2024 season.
This is an opportunity for Essex-based individuals to apply and be involved in grassroots football from a disciplinary standpoint in the South of England.
Greg Hart, Head of Football Services at the FA, is encouraging applications from Essex residents. “A position on the FA Regional Discipline Panel gives the opportunity for people to get involved in disciplinary cases, in this case in the South of England. It is a great opportunity to assist County FAs in the region and we would encourage anyone interested to submit an application.”
It is expected that the Regional Discipline Panel will consider the following matters:
- Non-serious disciplinary cases (cases outside of the National Serious Case Panel remit)
- League / County Cup Competition Appeals
- Claims of mistaken identity and wrongful dismissal.
Applicants are invited to apply with a C.V and covering letter setting out how they meet the criteria stipulated. This advert is for the South region of England.
What You'll Do?
- To adjudicate on ALL types of non-serious case(s) within Grassroots Football.
- To correctly administer the inquisitorial hearing procedures.
- To apply FA Disciplinary Regulation correctly and adhere to relevant procedures.
- To where appropriate/requested draft written reasons and/or attend the Board of Appeals as requested by Judicial Services.
- Ensure the application of the fair disciplinary hearing to participant(s) involved.
- To provide feedback on the hearing through the disciplinary survey.
- To ensure full compliance with the Discipline Code of Conduct and Confidentiality Agreement.
- Satisfy the time commitments required as listed.
- Satisfy the administration requirements as listed.
To learn more about the role and to apply, please click below.