#PlayYourPart: New Matchday Environment Resources
We've developed a #PlayYourPart ‘Matchday Environment Pack’ to support affiliated clubs in establishing the best possible environment amongst their players, coaches and spectators.
All participants are being encouraged to share the #PlayYourPart player, coach and spectator graphics within their membership, in their clubhouse, via WhatsApp groups, on websites, via social media or even as a hyperlinked banner on existing club communications or documents. The graphics are available to download and share now via our website. They include:
* Clubs: Guidance and suggestions for how a club can #PlayYourPart in ensuring the matchday environment is the best it can be.
* Players/Coaches/Spectators: A reference point and reminder of their role in having positive impact on the matchday environment when representing their club.
* Guide to Coaches Workshop: Tips and advice on when, how and why it is important to hold an annual coaches workshop for those representing the club.
* Guide to Spectators Workshop: Highlighting the importance of annual spectator workshops and how to deliver them internally within a club.
* Reporting Discrimination: An information sheet outlining the importance of reporting discrimination and the process which will then be taken.
* Dealing With Breaches of Codes of Conduct: Providing process guidance on dealing with breaches of codes of conduct within a club.
Essex County FA Chief Executive, Brendan Walshe, is delighted to celebrate the #PlayYourPart launch: “The grassroots game in Essex is thriving, with 1,000+ clubs and 5,000+ teams affiliating and playing football across the county in the 2021/22 season, continuing Essex’s role as one of the largest counties in the country for football participation. This is hugely positive.”
“Credit goes to the grassroots volunteer workforce, particularly given the challenges which have been faced with Covid-19 in recent seasons. To continue to build on, and sustain, this brilliant foundation, we have developed some local resources for clubs in Essex to be able to utilise to help ensure the best and most inclusive environment continues to be created.”
“These #PlayYourPart resources will be useful in supporting club committees to promote processes and messages within their respective clubs, setting standards on and off the pitch and creating a united grassroots environment which delivers football opportunity For All.”
Find the #PlayYourPart resources in the 'Leagues & Clubs' section of our website. We're on-hand to discuss any of the resources and advise on how to implement them. Details are also shared by @EssexCountyFA on Twitter and by searching for ‘EssexFootball’ on Facebook.