Individuals with a passion for developing local grassroots football are invited to apply for current Equality & Inclusion Officer and Independent Non-Executive Director vacancies at the Essex County FA.
An Equality & Inclusion Officer role provides the opportunity to oversee football strategy and coordination, while the new voluntary Independent Non-Executive Director will bring in important additional legal and governance-focused experience at board level. Applications are being accepted for both positions until Monday 17th January.
Equality & Inclusion Officer
This role provides an opportunity to take responsibility for working collaboratively across the Essex County FA, operating alongside the Inclusion Advisory Group and leading on the development of the Disability Player Pathway.
The successful candidate will be based at the County Office in Chelmsford, but with an opportunity for a blend of home-working. Operating within the Football Development Department, the responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
* supporting the delivery of the FA Grassroots Football Strategy and the Essex County FA Business Strategy
* ensuring the Essex County FA is reflective and representative of the County's demographics
* strategically coordinating the Essex County FA Inclusion Advisory Group and maintaining the Intermediate Level of the Equality Standard, with the prospect of beginning to plan to work towards Advanced Level
* coordinating disability football provision across the Essex County FA and the local area
* influencing and supporting the growth and retention of disability football
* contributing to the effective implementation of The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs
* supporting the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football
A job description and application details can be found below. The closing date is midnight on Monday 17th January. Please complete the Application and ‘Section 12 Equality Monitoring’ Forms and return them via E-Mail to email@example.com.
Independent Non-Executive Director
Football enthusiasts, players, volunteers, coaches and corporate professionals who’d like to make a difference within one of the largest County FAs in England can join an open application process to become an Essex County FA Independent Non-Executive Director.
An individual with legal and governance expertise is required to fill this voluntary vacancy. Essex has more than 4,700 teams, and the County FA are committed to maintaining a structure of diverse skills, experience and backgrounds which can add value to the game.
Therefore, it’s crucial to attract and recruit the best candidate for the role. The Essex County FA ‘Moving Forward’ Strategy 2024 outlines a strategic vision to “create a united grassroots football environment which delivers football opportunity For All.” One objective is ensuring the corporate governance structure of the County FA is operating effectively and efficiently.
To support this, The FA developed the County FA Code of Governance, which the Essex County FA have committed, at Board level, to achieving. The recruitment of Independent Non-Executive Directors is assisting the Essex County FA to achieve this.
Details of the skills and experience required, as well as the Essex County FA’s organisational values and the application process, can be found below. Football news can also be found on Twitter @EssexCountyFA and by searching for ‘EssexFootball’ on Facebook.
We promote equality and diversity in employment and welcome applicants from all parts of the community.