An initiative driven by Football v Homophobia (FvH) to is enabling grassroots football clubs in Essex to support and tackle LGBT+ discrimination throughout February, which has been designated as the FvH ‘Month of Action’.
FvH recognise that challenging discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity and expression at all levels of football is an individual journey for each club, and their campaign pack provides different ideas which clubs can adapt. Clubs interested in getting involved with the campaign will need to meet the following criteria:
* identify an area/areas to improve LGBTIQ+ inclusion at their club
* share which actions they are taking as a club via their social media channels, during February, using the #FvH2022 hashtag
* designate a matchday to Football v Homophobia in 2022, when safe
* share the matchday event across their social media platforms
* communicate activity to the opposing team on match day
Clubs who sign-up will be E-Mailed a campaign pack with some top tips on creating a more inclusive environment and how to make the most of a designated match day. They will receive a rainbow match ball prior to their designated match, along with education leaflets for players. Their club badge will also be added to the ‘FvH 2022 Champions’ website page.
Apply online by following this link. Information about equality and inclusion in grassroots Essex football can also be found here, by following @EssexCountyFA on Twitter and by searching for ‘EssexFootball’ on Facebook.