Is your club set up for the biggest online shopping event of the year? Essex grassroots football clubs could be adding a substantial amount to their fundraising pots while their members shop online with easyfundraising during the peak shopping season.
Clubs can turn online purchases into free donations by ensuring they’re set-up with easyfundraising before the shopping frenzy commences. It’s a sure-fire way to make the most of this year’s peak shopping season with all the leading retailers. Every time a member or supporter makes an online purchase, the club receives a free donation from the retailer.
It’s estimated £6 billion will be spent by the nation on Black Friday sales alone, so clubs are advised to register in time. The key to a successful peak shopping season is registering early and making sure supporters are on-board and engaged with helping their club to reach its fundraising goals through the likes of Amazon, John Lewis, Selfridges and Curry’s PC World, plus 5,900 others.
Internet purchases now account for a quarter of all sales in the UK, and easyfundraising turns members’ and supporters’ online shopping into funding for their club. When they use the website or app to shop with their favourite online stores, the retailer they shop with sends their club a free donation at no additional cost.
easyfundraising has huge potential, is free to use and requires minimal ongoing management. It only takes a couple of minutes to get up and running and there’s a great deal of support, too, including a free coaching call with an easyfundraising expert to help raise as much as possible. Clubs can get started in three easy steps:
* Sign-Up: register a club with easyfundraising for free
* Shop: ask members/supporters to use the website or app every time they shop online
* Raise: whenever they buy something, the retailer sends the club a free donation
Follow this link to sign-up your club! Get started by creating a free account for your club and use their ready-written words and images to ask members/supporters to help your club.
Your Three-Step Fundraising Plan
There are three easy things you can do right now to make sure your club raises as much as possible:
1. Spread the Word: easyfundraising is a very simple way to raise money, but you won’t raise much if members don’t know about it! Use the free tools easyfundraising provide to make them aware, including ready-written social posts and E-Mails, downloadable flyers and posters, website banners, hand-out cards and even a PowerPoint presentation to explain how it works.
2. Get the Donation Reminder: This makes sure members never miss a donation by alerting them when they visit a retailer who will donate. It’s safe and completely free and shoppers who have it installed on their computer raise up to five times more. easyfundraising provides wording to help you explain how it works and ask supporters to download it.
3. Thank and Encourage: Thanking members for donations they raise encourages them to keep on using easyfundraising because they can see it works! Use the ‘Supporter Communications’ feature to set-up automated messages to thank members when they sign-up, generate a donation or raise their first £5. You can also message those who’ve stopped raising to ask them to keep going.