Grassroots Club Funds Boosted by easyfundraising
Football clubs are receiving a share of £24,000 in donations from fundraising website easyfundraising in June, including Essex teams who are using the free platform to generate extra money for their club.
easyfundraising turns members’ and supporters’ online shopping into funding for their club. When they use the website or app to shop with their favourite online stores, the retailer they shop with send their club a free donation at no additional cost. There are 5,000+ retailers involved, including Amazon, Deliveroo, Nike, eBay, Just Eat, Adidas, Game, John Lewis, Argos and more.
Online shopping grew an incredible 46% in 2020, and now accounts for a quarter of all purchases in the UK. easyfundraising has huge potential, is free to use and requires minimal ongoing management. It only takes a couple of minutes to get up and running and members raise money just by making their usual online purchases.
Being part of the easyfundraising community also means receiving a great deal of help with club revenue-generating activities. Admins can book a free coaching call with an easyfundraising expert to help them raise as much as possible. Clubs can get started in three easy steps:
* Sign-Up: register a club with easyfundraising for free
* Shop: ask members/supporters to use the website or app every time they shop online
* Raise: whenever they buy something, the retailer sends the club a free donation
Click here to sign-up your club! Get started by creating a free account for your club and use their ready-written words and images to ask members/supporters to help your club.
Your Three-Step Fundraising Plan
There are three easy things you can do right now to make sure your club raises as much as possible:
1. Spread the Word: easyfundraising is a very simple way to raise money, but you won’t raise much if members don’t know about it! Use the free tools easyfundraising provide to make them aware, including ready-written social posts and E-Mails, downloadable flyers and posters, website banners, hand-out cards and even a PowerPoint presentation to explain how it works.
2. Get the Donation Reminder: This makes sure members never miss a donation by alerting them when they visit a retailer who will donate. It’s safe and completely free and shoppers who have it installed on their computer raise up to five times more. easyfundraising provides wording to help you explain how it works and ask supporters to download it.
3. Thank and Encourage: Thanking members for donations they raise encourages them to keep on using easyfundraising because they can see it works! Use the ‘Supporter Communications’ feature to set-up automated messages to thank members when they sign-up, generate a donation or raise their first £5. You can also message those who’ve stopped raising to ask them to keep going.
Euro 2020 Competition… Win £1,000!
Your club could win a massive £1,000 donation thanks to easyfundraising. Cheer for England or Wales in the Euro 2020 last 16 onwards and easyfundraising will give £100 for every goal scored by the home nation, up to £1,000. To be in it to win it, register your club with easyfundraising, then simply visit the competition page and share to enter by following this link.