Huge Thanks for Six #CelebrateEssex Volunteer Winners
Appreciation is being shown to six local football volunteers after they won categories of our #CelebrateEssex competition, a popular Twitter contest which recognises the grassroots game’s unsung heroes.
#CelebrateEssex showcases personal stories from local legends, increasing their visibility as role models to engage new members and inspiring them to join the community. All volunteers are the lifeblood of football, putting in countless hours of their time so others can enjoy playing the game they love, and the winners of six 2020 categories were:
* February (Coach [Youth]): Stuart Keen (Tigers JFC)
* February (Coach [Adult]): Ashley Ward (White Roding Veterans FC)
* March (Footie Mum): Sindy Carmichael-Brown (Hashtag United FC)
* April (Treasurer): Gary Brooks (Rayleigh Town FC)
* June (Secretary): Charlie Mills (Great Bradfords FC)
* July (Chairperson): Jonathan Dalton (Tiptree Jobserve YFC)
The grassroots game needs more helpers, but it also needs to retain and recognise those already involved. Through this monthly competition, which involves a nomination process then a Twitter vote, #CelebrateEssex does just that, promoting ten different roles throughout the season.
Extended profiles of all these #CelebrateEssex winners will be shared on Facebook (search for ‘EssexFootball’). Browse the 'Volunteers' menu above to find out about new volunteering opportunities. You can also follow @EssexCountyFA on Twitter.