The FA National Game Strategy 2015-19 reinforces the benefits of achieving Charter Standard status. 85% of youth teams in England now have a qualified coach, which accounts for nearly one million Under 16s benefiting from such access.
There are three levels of FA Charter Standard:
* FA Charter Standard Club (Youth, Adult)
* FA Charter Standard Development Club
* FA Charter Standard Community Club
Further information about criteria for the 2015/16–2019/20 seasons can be found in the PDF at the bottom of the page.
Annual Health Checks
To ensure we continually support and maintain the standards of the FA Charter Standard Programme, we ask clubs to undergo an Annual Health Check (AHC) process.
This supports clubs by:
* Tracking their voluntary workforce in relation to coach education and welfare
* Identifying their workforce requirements for the season
Further information about how to complete your AHC can be found in the PDF at the bottom of the page.
For more information on achieving FA Charter Standard status, or to request an information pack, please contact your local Football Development Officer.