Thurrock Schools Lift Under 11s District Cup


Thurrock 4-1 Chelmsford & Mid Essex, Saturday 27th May 2017, Kick-Off 12:00pm, Noak Hill Sports Centre, Essex County Schools FA Finch Under 11s District Cup Final.

Thurrock Primary Schools secured their first ever Finch District Cup with a 4-1 victory over Chelmsford in an enthralling final as Jaxon Brown’s hat-trick and Maeson King’s strike saw Thurrock beat the league champions to the silverware.

Thurrock made a bright start and were rewarded when Brown fired home from the spot after he had been bundled over in the box. Having taken the lead, Thurrock continued to enjoy the better of the contest, but were unable to add to their first-half tally despite creating some decent half-chances. It meant Chelmsford could slowly edge their way back into the final.

Only a fine save from Max Spence denied them a leveller, then both sides had further chances as the game continued to be played at a frantic pace. Chelmsford started the second half as the better of the two sides a further excellent save prevented them from grabbing an equaliser. Thurrock then had a lucky escape as Chelmsford hit the woodwork twice in quick succession.

However, Chelmsford’s pressure finally paid off when Ollie Eagle poked home from close range. Chelmsford were now in the ascendancy and Spence was called into action once again, this time the Thurrock stopper pushing a fierce drive onto the crossbar. However, a tactical change by the Thurrock Management Team saw the course of the game take a dramatic turn. Brown was moved into a deeper midfield role, and the change paid immediate dividends.

Brown intercepted a pass on the halfway line and drove towards the Chelmsford goal before unleashing a powerful drive which flew into the bottom corner. The goal rocked Chelmsford, and Thurrock scored again almost instantly. This time Josh Brown’s centre was stabbed home by King at the back post to put Thurrock 3-1 up.

A crazy few minutes was then rounded-off as Brown scored again to complete his hat trick and see the game turned on its head. Chelmsford continued to battle away, but were unable to reduce the deficit and Thurrock saw out the remainder of the game to secure the trophy, denying Chelmsford an Essex double.

Facebook Stream Facebook Stream

Have your Say